martedì 14 agosto 2012

Multilingual Rosary - The Sorrowful Mysteries meditated by Don Antonio D'Osasco - English

Multilingual Rosary - The Sorrowful Mysteries
meditated by Don Antonio D'Osasco

Translated by
Barbara Meloni

English

--------------------------------------------------------------

“ Oh, Holy Spirit, Soul of my soul, I adore You.
Light me up, guide me, fortify me, comfort me.
Tell me what I have to do, let me know what You want from me. 
I promise to submit myself  to what You want from me
and to accept all that You allow to happen to me.
To know Your will is enough for me”



1st SORROWFUL MISTERY

The loneliness,  the incomprehension of the Apostles about  what is happening to Him, the agonizing physical pain, but most of all the burden of the sin  of  the world , devastate Jesus at the point of  making Him say:
O my Father, if You will, let this cup pass from me!” , but soon after  He adds: 
Nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will". 
And the Father’s will, which agrees with Jesus’ will, is fulfilled. 

Thank you Jesus.


2nd SORROWFUL MISTERY

Before the flagellation there is a ruthless dialogue between Pilate and the crowd, which certainly wringed Jesus’ heart more than the 40 blows of the scourges, which will tear His Body to shreds sweating with blood. 
Which of the two do you want me to release to you?" …….They said, "Barabbas!" Pilate then said to them... What then shall I do with Jesus?”….. They all said to him, "Let Him be crucified!" Then the governor said, "Why, what evil has he done?" But they cried out all the more, saying, "Let Him be crucified!"
 "I am innocent of this blood …… His blood be on us and on our children……then Pilate delivered Jesus to the soldiers to be crucified.”

Please Jesus forgive me for all I have caused You. 


3rd SORROWFUL MISTERY

Here, apart from the pain caused by the  thorny branches- the thorns were  even 2-3 centimetres long- woven in a crown and pressed  tight on His head, there is something more: that “after they stripped off His garments” which caused   the reopening all the wounds due to the flagellation with new blood shed. 
There is an entire cohort of soldiers that humiliate Him mocking with derision: “Hail, King of the Jews!”…. They  spit upon Him… they struck His head with a reed …and then they put His purple robe off so as to wear His clothes with the extreme consequence of reopening all the wounds inflicted upon His body since the flagellation. 

Thank you Jesus for how and how much you keep loving me. 


4th SORROWFUL MISTERY

It could be helpful here -so as to live this mystery - what the tradition has handed us down, partly based on the Gospels, such as the pious exercise of the Via Crucis in its first 10 stations, that is: 
1. Jesus is condemned to death by Pilate 
2. Jesus lovingly accepts His Cross
3. Jesus falls the first time: His arms were tied to the “patibulum”, the horizontal beam of the Cross that the convict carried to the Golgotha and, falling He couldn’t, as happens to us when we stumble, put the hands forward.
4. Jesus meets His Mother 
5. Jesus is helped by Simon of Cyrene 
6. Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
7. Jesus falls the second time
8. Jesus meets the daughters of Jerusalem
9. Jesus falls the third time
10. Jesus is stripped of His garments
Here again it is renewed the reopening of all the wounds caused by the flagellation with the repeated blood shedding. 

Thank you Jesus, Your Love for us continues so as to free us from our sins. 


5th SORROWFUL MISTERY

In  meditating this mystery, it is revealing to consider  the 7 “words” spoken by Jesus
whenever He, with all His remaining strengths, bracing His nailed  feet against the
ground, was able to fill His lungs and to emit His last acts of love. 
"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).
Today you will be with Me in Paradise" (Luke 23:43) to the “Good Thief” who had asked  Jesus to remember him in His kingdom.
"Woman, behold your Son."  He told to His Mother and “Son, behold your Mother" (John 19:26,27) told to John.
"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" (Mark 15:34).
It is the quotation of Psalm 22, which begins this way, then describing in detail all the Passion  He suffered, but that also shows great acts of faith as in verse 4: “Our Fathers hoped in You, and You delivered them .” ; and then in verses 
9 and 10: “Since You are He who drew Me out of the womb You made me trust in You, My hope from My mother's breasts. From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb You have been my God.”, and at the end of it, verses 30 and 32: “And My Soul shall live to Him”.  and: “ Behold the work of God”.
"I thirst." (John19: 28) and His thirst was physical, similar to that of those who have  bloodshed a lot, but unquestionably  He was  describing  His thirst for  the souls  for whom He was offering His Life in that terrible Passion.
Father, into Your hands I commend My spirit”. (Luke 23:46)
A quotation of Psalm 31,  which begins with these wonderful words: “In You, LORD, I have taken refuge.  Never let me be ashamed.”. 
"It is finished."  (John 19:30).
The Redemption is fulfilled, now  only the Resurrection is left which we contemplate in the Glorious Mysteries. 

Thank you Jesus    “……..having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end”.  (Gospel of John, 13:1)


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento